Official theme song

Saturday, June 30, 2007

2006 Menage a Trois Rose

It's hot and sticky which means I grabbed a rose. We've had this one for a while and I think I paid around $9.


A bit of strawberry and a touch of cinnamon on the nose.


The palate is actually a bit spicy...actually a slight bit of tannin, cinnamon, some raspberry and cherry. At best this is off dry, definitely not sweet.


The finish actually lingers longer than I'd expect and yes, it's all berries and spice. I just looked at the label and this is a blend of Merlot, Syrah, and Gewurztraminer – the spice is not shocking at all now that I read that.


In a word – spicy. In another word – strange. Not bad at all, if you know roses I'd suggest picking up a bottle, it's certainly unique and quite enjoyable. If you're new to roses – and you're afraid they're all like White Zinfandel, this will smash that stereotype.

No comments: