Official theme song

Monday, June 07, 2010

2007 Black Star Farms Sirius Cherry Dessert Wine

This retails for $18.50 at the winery and that is a 375ml bottle. I will say this right off the bat - I find cherry wine next to impossible to describe so bear with me.

Black cherry on the nose - like, ultraripe, BLACK cherry, the sort of cherry you find in black cherry ice cream where you're not 100% sure they're actually cherries.

Quite sweet, cherry obviously dominate, but I do get cinnamon and clove on the mid palate. There's even a ripe red apple thing going on, peel an apple and dip it in cherry juice, there ya go.

I like this a lot, and I mean no disrespect when I say I'd just as soon put this on pancakes, pour this into a milkshake - or hell, even add a splash to a Manhattan. Of course, I won't, but I could see it. The winery suggested drinking it somewhat chilled which seemed wrong to me, but I'll be damned if it didn't work almost perfectly.

This bottle was comped as part of the Tweet and Taste Michigan virtual Twitter tasting which took place on Monday, June 7, 2010. All attempts have been made to be honest and unbiased.

Score: N/A - I have no idea how to score this.

No comments: