Official theme song

Sunday, October 29, 2006

2003 A Mano Primitivo


Primitivo is the Italian version of Zinfandel....genetics tests have shown they are the same grape.

It’s a bit earthier than your standard California Zin...in fact, while it’s the same grape, it’s not like a Zin at all other than the alcohol level. There is plenty of berry fruit and there’s some funk (it’s Italian, after all) and oak. Spice and anise on the palate...anise is a far more common flavor than I think I ever realized before forcing myself to sit down and really think about wine. It’s a nicely acidic wine and would pair wonderfully with any Italian faire.

I paid $10 for this and I stand by it. It’s worth it for that price....it’s a smooth wine, well balanced, simple, food friendly, and the right price.

No comments: