Official theme song

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

2004 Bonny Doon Big House Red


I continue my pursuit of the Wine Century Club with this blend of red wine. It’s got Carignane, Petite Sirah, Sangiovesse, Zinfandel, Barbera, Syrah, Malbec, and Montepulciano. They don’t disclose percentages, but I’d guess the earlier in the list, the higher the percentage.

The only grape in there I haven’t had in that lot is Montepulciano...but blends count, so I’ll check that one off the list.

You can find this bottle almost anywhere for under $10...catch a sale and you may get it for $7. If you see it on sale, I’d suggest you pick a bottle up.

We let this one open for a long time before drinking it.

We both get anise and alcohol on the nose and not much else.

Blackberry on the palate, with some nice smoke, spice, and wood. This blend is made of pretty much all unusual varietals and it gives it a unique quality. It’s a fuller bodied red wine that demands heavy foods...think grilled.

A tremendous value from a reputable winery...if something is made by Bonny Doon, I don’t hesitate picking it up.

No comments: