Official theme song

Saturday, November 22, 2008

2008 Domaine Dupeuble Pere et Fils Beaujolais Nouveau

Here's the new annual ritual for your friends at The Wineauxs – a few days before Beaujolais Nouveau I hear about it and say to myself “nah, not this year” - then the day comes, I'm driving by the wine shop, I say to myself “nope, not this year.” My car magically goes into the parking lot and I, like out of a Romero movie, get out of the car and buy a bottle. This was $13 which made it only slightly more expensive than others.

Bubble gum and banana on the nose.

Grape stems, tart cherry, reasonable tannic structure, banana, a slight bit of cola, chocolate, and earth, with a hint of strawberry.

Some banana comes through on the finish.

Yet again – lots of sediment here so keep the bottle upright for about day and pour it slowly.

BN used to be fun, but now that every single bottle I saw was over ten bones, there's really no way to justify playing this game anymore.. If you feel compelled to buy Beaujolais Nouveau, this is probably your best bet, but if you're looking for a decent wine or something to with Thanksgiving, I'd say look elsewhere.

Wine: 5.5
QPR: 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My cousin brought a bottle to our Thanksgiving, at which we sampled 3 wines, blind. I really enjoyed this one, and am looking for it in the north suburbs of Detroit. (The cousin brought it from Chicagoland)
If anyone can point me to the right store, I would appreciate it!

thewineauxs said...

On the right is a link for Binny's - they carry it and they do ship wine (I'm not sure if they do out of state though). This wine does have pretty good distribution, so if you can't order you can ask at your local wine shop.