Official theme song

Sunday, February 10, 2008

2004 Beringer Knight's Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

This has been in our fridge for a while – my research tells me this goes for close to $20, though based on its location in our fridge, I couldn't have paid more than $15.

Herbal notes mostly, but also blackberry and black cherry on the nose.

Very nice – cherry, black fruit, oak, firm tannins, lots of herbal action, and a nice punch of eucalyptus.

More menthol notes on the finish, plus oak, and a slight bit of cherry – mostly earth and herbs though.

A very nice Cabernet – since I don't recall what I paid, we can just say this is a $20 bottle – and still I'll say this a solid bottle and worth recommending. If I found this on sale somewhere, I'd grab it and put it away for a couple years to see what happens. This may have some potential.

No comments: