Official theme song

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

N/V Korbel Chardonnay Sparkling Wine

I felt like something sparkling and didn't want to spend much...the grocery store had this one which I don't think we've tried before. In fact, as I look back at the blog, we've never tried just the plain old regular Korbel Brut – something I'll have to grab next time I'm at the store.

A slightly metallic nose.

A touch of sweetness, green apples, and even some nice yeastiness. Quite a bit of bread – more white bread crusts than anything. The bubbles fade quickly – the bottle was all but flat after an hour.

Nothing on the finish that's worth noting other than some more notes of bread.

For a mass market, cheap sparkling wine this isn't bad. Obviously you can do better, but for the price and ease of access this is a safe bet. If you're having a lot of people over, this may be a decent thing to serve as you'll go through the bottle before the bubbling stops.

No comments: