Official theme song

Thursday, November 18, 2010

2010 Pierre Chermette Beaujolais Primeur

This one was $13 and struck me as quite respectable in the shop.

Something about this nose reminds me of bratwurst. I can't explain it. Sage? Beyond that, raspberry infused black tea on the nose.

Heavier than one may expect, one may even think this is a light Pinot Noir by feel. Cherry, raspberry leaf, dirt, black tea, reasonably balanced acid in an almost citrusy kinda way...not bad at all.

Cherry and black raspberry on the finish with just the faintest bit of mint, almost a cough syrup thing, with a vague garbagey thing, a slight taste of 'decay' if you will.

Easily the winner of the three BN's I bought, no noticeable flaws, but a wine of this quality for $13? Pass.

Score: 82

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this wine after discovering it at a wine tasting dinner. Our local wine store can't get any more. I ordered it a few times and got the last bottle they could get for Mother's Day (yesterday). Trying to find more for sale elsewhere online. The aroma is even better than the taste, if that's even possible. :)