Official theme song

Saturday, February 17, 2007

2002 X Winery Cabernet Sauvignon

We received this bottle as a gift for Christmas. I was happy to see it as we’ve enjoyed some of X’s wines before. I haven’t looked this one up, but I’m sure it’s priced somewhere in the mid-teens.

I opened this one figuring it wouldn’t need much time to since it’s 2002, and while it steadily improved after a few hours, after a mere twenty minutes I found it to be quite enjoyable.

Oak, blackberry, and sweet tobacco on the nose.

Lots of black cherry on the palate with smooth oak. Tobacco, plum, currant, chocolate, solid acidity, and medium-low tannins. Very nice complexity for the price and enjoyable all around.

The finish starts with nice cherry flavors and fades to chocolate and tobacco.

X is a consistent producer and I wouldn’t hesitate buying or recommending any of their wine, this one is no exception.

No comments: