Official theme song

Saturday, February 17, 2007

N/V Chambers Rosewood Vineyards Rutherglen Muscadelle

This half bottle was $13. It’s a dessert wine and the label claims it won’t deteriorate once opened so it can be stored for a long time after opening...I’ve been drinking this over the past three weeks or so.

When I asked if this wine was like Port, I was told it’s really more like a Sherry....unfortunately, I don’t know anything about Sherry so I can’t tell you if that’s true. I do know that this has changed very little, as far as my palate can tell anyway, from day one to day twenty.

Honey and raisins on the nose...plenty of sugar.

The palate hits me with fermented orange. Lots of honey, some raisins, a slight hint of nuttiness, but overall I get citrus.

The finish lingers with more of an orange zest and raisin taste than anything else.

It’s lighter than a Port, but still is in that family, so if you hate Port you probably won’t be into this, but it’s certainly worth a shot if you do. This is a nice after dinner wine and drinks very nicely as I sit one wall away from negative 35 degree windchills.

No comments: