Official theme song

Sunday, March 08, 2009

N/V Korbel Extra Dry

Fran actually won this in a raffle, so it was free. FREE! Figure this is around $9-10.

A very strange aluminum quality on the nose.

Maybe some orange on the palate. I don't know - my initial reaction to this was, well, disgust. After some time in the glass, I'm not quite warmed over, but it's not as bad as I thought. The mouthfeel is somewhat oily and not entirely pleasant, but the weird metallic thing on the nose doesn't come through on the palate. It's somewhat sweet and I suppose reasonable acid to give it a bit of balance. After being open for two hours, this has basically gone flat.

An orange/tangerine quality comes through on the finish.

The only way this can be acceptable is if you make mimosas. There's so much decent cava for less money than this, that I can't even suggest it for that.

Wine: 3.5
Value: No

No comments: