Official theme song

Thursday, November 15, 2007

2007 Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau

I had actually decided to not partake in the BN craze this year, but I happened to be driving by a liquor store and decided I'd drop in to see if they had any. This was the only label they carried and it ran me about $10.


I don't know how else to describe the nose other than freshly removed gym socks.


The palate brings tart cherries, raspberries, licorice, and even a bit of barnyard....there's a bit of tannin and overall it's somewhat astringent – not enough to be offensive, but enough that food is pretty much in order.


Some of those tannic notes linger on the finish as well as a touch of blueberry that actually lasts for a while.


So many wine snobs bash this wine, but you need to accept it for what it is – a simple, easy quaff that's enjoyable for a bottle or two every late November. Personally, this one is good enough - and I've been very iffy about this producer - that I may hit up one of the bigger wine shops tomorrow and grab a few more bottles.


1 comment:

J said...

BN isn't about the wine, it's the celebration. Having spent a BN in France, I've determined that it's mostly an excuse to throw a party and drink wine. No one here cares about Beaujolais Nouveau though, thus I had to make do with a little bottle of Beaujolais and a lot of pretending for the Nouveau.