Official theme song

Sunday, November 18, 2007

N/V Yellow Tail Sparkling Wine

I've been seeing this around and figured I might as well try it – on sale for $8, why not?


A bit of green apple on the nose.


The palate on this...oh man....I don't know if I've ever had a sparkling wine that I've been this repulsed by. This is excessively sweet and even worse, quite sour....sour, rotting green apples. If there are subtle nuances here I'm not about to take the time to taste them – I wouldn't even call this drinkable. It almost makes me wonder if this is a bad bottle – regular Yellow Tail isn't great, but I wouldn't even dream of comparing it to this.


Once it leaves the palate, the finish is nothing to really mention.


Never again....if you must buy a bottle of Yellow Tail, grab a bottle of the reserve Shiraz.

No comments: