Official theme song

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

N/V Louise d'Estree Brut

This was about eight bucks at Trader Joe's – always up to trying a cheap sparkler, I snagged a bottle.

Lemon pith on the nose, if that – it's mild.

This may be the least interesting wine I've ever had. And by that, I mean, there's nothing “wrong” because there's also nothing, you know, “present.” Incredibly light in body – lighter than your typical sparkling water no less. Perhaps there's some notes of lemon? I'm not being lazy, there's just little here.

Just the slightest bit of lemon and maybe a tiny amount of vanilla linger on the finish.

A bland effort suitable for patients recovering from surgery. At this price point you're far better off with Cristalino, Segura Viudas, Rotari, or for Chicagoland people - the Binny's Blanc de Blanc.

Wine: 5
Value: Nah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I discovered this bottle in back of my liquor cabinet. BORING, but good when you want something that is close to watery taste, I suppose. Also inexpensive enough to make champagne cocktails. The Bellini Meanie Martini was hit (add 1/4 C Vodka, 2 oz peach schnapps in shaker with ice, strain, top with bubbly, garnish with raspberries).

thewineauxs said...

Agreed, it's dull and cheap enough that it's ideal for cocktails or drinking as cold as possible on a hot day. Interesting recipe - I may have to try it out.