Official theme song

Saturday, March 03, 2007

2004 Domaine Bernhard & Reibel Vin D’Alace Gewurztraminer

Gewurz from Alsace is normally not our style but we really enjoyed this one at a recent tasting. The cost was about $16 or so.

A very spicy and floral nose, not much in terms of fruit, but plenty there.

The palate is very aromatic....lots of rose water and orange blossom, crisp acidity, a touch of sweetness, some light pink grapefruit and apricot.

The finish doesn’t bring all that much...it fades somewhat quickly but there is a lingering floral essence - more of that orange blossom - almost like a tea.

This is the type of wine I’d bet you’ll either appreciate or you’ll just hate....personally I don’t think I like it enough to buy again, but I’d have a glass at a wine bar because I appreciate what it brings...strange tastes and a nice complexity. It’s certainly not “quaffable”....it is a “wine drinker’s wine” to be sure.

No comments: