Official theme song

Saturday, March 03, 2007

N/V Duval-Leroy Brut Paris Champagne

I found this on sale for under $30 so I figured I’d give it a shot. The bottle design would make this perfect for a celebration of almost any sort.

The nose is mainly dough with a bit of walnut.

Green apple, yeast, a bit of toast, all nicely layered with just a hint of raspberry. Firm acidic backbone brings an almost sea salt quality that I don’t think I’ve ever experienced. As I have come to expect from a true Champagne–small, long lasting bubbles that add a very nice texture.

The raspberry is really more on the finish I suppose with some more doughy notes coming through.

Yet another excellent Champagne....a bit on the pricey side for daily drinking, but well worth the occasional splurge.

No comments: