Official theme song

Saturday, March 24, 2007

N/V Lisennes Cremant de Bordeaux Brut

We’ve never had a sparkling Bordeaux before, so I gave this one a shot at $14.

On the nose I get yeast and it took me over an hour to place it, but now that I hit it: marzipan.

Citrus on the palate - lemon, lime, orange, tangerine...whether it’s a legitimate taste or an influence from the nose or not, I taste marzipan as well. I’m one of these strange people that love marzipan.

A bit of yeast on the finish as well as some lemon zest.

It seems to me there is a strange line....if a sparkling wine is under $12 it’s probably not great....$13 to $25 and it’s remarkably better....and I’m sure there are higher levels but I can’t afford to learn those. At $14 this is clearly in that medium level - nice complexity, long lasting bubbles, smooth texture, goes with anything - a great wine and one I’d recommend.

No comments: