Official theme song

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2004 Sea Smoke Southing Pinot Noir

I paid somewhere around $50 for this a while back, but Sea Smoke sells out quickly so it'll probably go for more than double that right now.

Cherry, raspberry, and blackboard chalk on the nose.

I'd almost call this jammy – lots of fruit, cherry, berries, plum. Rich, dark chocolate notes are present as well as well as a bit of root beer.

The finish reminds me of candied cherry.

So this is where things get complicated with the overall assessment. This is a damn good bottle of wine, fine all around, and I can't say I have any gripe. That being said, my socks aren't knocked off as they have been in the past by other bottles. While I enjoy this, until my income doubles, I don't see rushing out to grab this again.

No comments: