Official theme song

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2006 Saisons des Vins Le Printemps Rose

This was heavily discounted from $13 to $5 – not a bad markdown. I view rose as a legitimate wine and go through the proper “Rite” or should I say “Sacre” with it.

I can't place the nose – I'm thinking grapefruit zest.

Quite dry, somewhat tannic, with raspberry, stone fruit, cinnamon, and spice plus a hit of alcohol. I'd almost guess this has seen oak. Certainly a unique rose.

Cinnamon and a lingering tannic feel on the finish.

I'm on the fence about this one. While I find it to be a tad harsh, it's not bad and actually quite interesting. For $5 it's tough to argue with, and even if I paid full price I don't know if I'd complain much as it brings some new aspects to rosé I haven't previously encountered.

No comments: