Official theme song

Monday, January 21, 2008

2006 Alexander Valley Vineyards Wetzel Family Estate Pinot Noir

I had a tough time deciding what wine to review for our 300th post. I decided to go with one of my recent bargains which ran $15 – but it was on sale, marked down from $25.

Berries, coffee, and earth on the nose.

The tannins are mild, the fruit is bold, and the funky notes are excellent – a solid bottle for the price. Earth, funk, chocolate, coffee, and a solid amount of cola bring a smile to my face. Cherry, vanilla, strawberry, and oak as well.

Earthy notes, maybe some chocolate, but mainly cherry and oak on the finish.

An absurd value at $15 – I actually went back to the wine shop to get more of this but they were sold out. Even at the regular price I'd grab this again and recommend it heartily. Solid all around.

No comments: