Official theme song

Sunday, January 20, 2008

2006 Weber Liebfraumilch Rheinhessen

This was $6 at Trader Joe's – I grabbed it because I don't think we've ever had Liebfraumilch.

Tart apples on the nose.

The palate is mostly stone fruit – peaches and apricot with a little bit of spice and floral notes. Very soft – low alcohol, smooth, a bit sweet, but and some acid that it's borderline drinkable. Sort of like a cheap, sweet Gewurz. This had a very peculiar musky taste on first pour, but all traces blew off after about twenty minutes.

The finish is all peach pie filling.

I'm glad I tried it, but life's too short for me to try it again.

1 comment:

Kirk said...

Liebfraumilchis the kind of wine that people who don't like wine like. You know the sort--they'd just as soon have a bottle of Boons Farm than a vintage Bourdeux...

Maybe it is a little like Mary Jane?