Official theme song

Sunday, January 20, 2008

2005 Wine Cube Cabernet Sauvignon

We enjoyed Chateau Lhorens so much, I figured I'd grab a different box. This was $14 and is three liter box – meaning four bottles – that's about $3.50 a bottle.

Cherry, sugar, and alcohol on the nose.

Big and fruity. Cherry, cinnamon, and a bit of oak. The tannins are present, but fairly mild. Not too much depth, but I think there's enough balance here to make this acceptable.

The finish brings out some blackberry and the alcohol comes through as well..

I can see why this is popular – a fruity wine, but enough backbone to not be too flabby - but it's not exciting or interesting. Of course, what did I expect for under four bucks a bottle? This is on par with the other cheap stuff out there and ultimately a bit less expensive. Take that for what it is. If I was having a lot of non-wine drinking people over I think this would be a crowd pleaser.

No comments: