Official theme song

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

N/V Jeanmaire Champagne Cuvée Brut


This real Champagne was at Trader Joe's for either $18.99 or $19.99 – I figured it would be worth a shot.

I don't get a lot on the nose – maybe some key lime.

Yeast, lime, slate, lime, and even some mandarin orange on the palate. Nice crisp acid, just the slightest bit of sweetness, but not enough to complain about. This is a solid bottle.

A sugary feeling is left on the finish, but some citric acid – lime mainly - linger.

This is, I believe, the cheapest actual “Champagne” I've seen in recent months. It's one I'll buy again cheerfully – nice balance and quite a bit going on. Positively unbeatable at the price. It's not exceedingly deep or anything along those lines, but it's overall quite nice and enjoyable. For the price, I cannot complain.

No comments: