Official theme song

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

1996 Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Vintage Reserve Brut

I had a hankering for a quality Champagne and figured I'd grab this – not cheap, $28 for a half bottle, but it's important to splurge every so often...that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

An interesting nose – gooseberry, vanilla, jasmine, rye toast, chocolate,

Few wines warrant words like “exciting” but to me this qualifies – strong minerals, lots of toast, strange floral and tea notes, chamomile, almond, walnut, raspberry, crisp apple, tangelo, and pomelo.

The yeast, toast, grapefruit, and chamomile tea notes linger on the finish.

At nearly $30 for a half bottle, I'd call it a bargain. This is phenomenal and among the best Champagnes we've had – at a relatively reasonable price, you can't go wrong.

No comments: