Official theme song

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2003 Torrione Petrolo Toscana IGT

This has been on the rack for a while – long enough that I forgot what it costs. Sites I'm pulling up are telling me this is in the $30+ range, but based on its rack location I either got it at half off or I mistakenly put a pricey bottle in the cheap section.

Earth and strawberry on the nose.

Quite Italian: chocolate, earth, oak, funk, tobacco, menthol, and a bit of strawberry and tart cherry.

Tobacco, oak, and earth on the finish with lingering strawberry notes.

On the second day tobacco and cherry are all over the nose.

This one changed quite a bit – a big burst of eucalyptus, lots of tobacco, some oak, a bit of plum, and some blueberry comes through as well. I think the tannins have become more pronounced as well.

Oak and eucalyptus on the finish.

A tough wine to argue with – for $30 this is pricey but certainly reasonable. Italian wine can be tricky to some people and if you're on the fence I don't see this one selling you – proceed as you will.

No comments: