Official theme song

Friday, July 16, 2010

Restaurant August - New Orleans - 7/15/10

For our final meal in New Orleans we ate at Restaurant August. I failed to get a picture of the outside...they, like many restaurants in town, have a $20 three course lunch deal. Unfortunately, the menu is not listed online and I don't recall many specifics.



Lunch began with an amuse - this is an egg filled with a light seafood custard and a sprinkle of caviar.

--



Pate with the various accompaniments and toast points.

--



Fennel soup with quail egg and crab.

--



Shrimp with andouille sausage, okra, etc. This is essentially an upscale gumbo.

--



So embarrassing. I don't recall any specifics on this one beyond it's veal and that sauce is insane.

--



Almond poundcake with peaches and corn ice cream - the corn ice cream was the kind of thing I wouldn't want a scoop of but combined with everything else going on here was solid.

--



I wish I had a menu....this is basically a fancy pants grilled cheese - grilled cheese and peaches in the sandwich with some figs on the side there.

--



Peanut brittle and dark chocolate cups.

--

Some of the best food we had in the city plus some of the best service as well...halfway through the meal I regretted not getting here in the evening for a tasting menu. Next time for absolute certain.

No comments: