Official theme song

Saturday, December 23, 2006

2006 Rosemount Estate Diamond Label Pinot Noir


I saw this at the local shop for $8. I was in a Pinot Noir sort of mood and realized the past few we’ve had were in the $15 range so it would be interesting to try a cheap one again.

Alcohol, cherry, spice, and some bell pepper on the nose.

The palate is a bit sharp with hints of green and underripe blackberries and spice, mainly cinnamon and clove. The mid-palate brings some earth.

The finish has an alcohol bite and fades to bitter strawberries.

If I had to compare it to something, I’d say it’s like a less offensive Charles Shaw. It is a 2006 so perhaps it needs some time on the rack. Maybe I’ll revisit this one next fall to see if it develops something, but in the meantime avoid this one.

No comments: