Official theme song

Sunday, December 10, 2006

N/V Mumm Napa Blanc de Noirs


This will probably be our last sparkling wine for a while, we’re really more red wine drinkers and I think my hankering has been just about quenched. This one goes for about $15 and can be found in grocery stores with a decent wine selection.

On the palate, there’s tart apples, sour strawberries, and some floral notes. There’s lots of acid (almost too much) which give it a much firmer backbone than I’m used to. The fruitiness does not bring sweetness--this one is absolutely a dry wine.

The finish starts with an alcohol burn–something I’ve never had in a sparkling wine until now--and has a bit of yeast and apples, that both slowly fade away.

At $15, this isn’t half bad. I’d like to give this winery’s other sparkling wines a shot before buying this one again.

No comments: