Official theme song

Friday, August 04, 2006

N/V Bernard Rondeau Bugey Cerdon Sparkling Rose


This French sparkling wine is from a small VDQS called Bugey in eastern France. I've tried to do a bit of research and really haven't found a whole lot of information on the area.

It's light pink, almost resembling that old soft drink Cherry 7-Up, I think it can qualify as being a light salmon.

There is some sweetness present but it's not overwhelming and there's plenty of acidity to make it balanced and interesting. Perhaps the color is influencing me, but I taste strawberries. At 8.5% alcohol this one is beyond light. The acidity/sweetness balance makes this a wonderful wine and at $16 it's not a half bad deal. Should this go on sale, I very well may stock up.

Regardless, if you see this one and want to try something a little different with some bubbles, a bit of sweetness, and a really good acidic balance, don't hesitate picking up a bottle.

No comments: