Official theme song

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2001 Murfatlar Pinot Noir


We dumped the previous bottle, but still wanted wine, so I reached for the cheapest thing we have: a $6 Pinot Noir from Romania

Earth, plums, and some cherry on the nose. It has a strange funk to it.

The palate is earthy, some nice cherry and deep strawberry, with a bit of that cola that I love. Smooth tannins and fairly light bodied, this would go well with anything.

The finish is a touch of cinnamon and oak with some berry fruit, but I can’t quite put my finger on what....close to raspberry though.

Quite frankly, this is a revelation. I would never expect a wine at this price to be this good. I plan on buying this again in the next couple of days and trying another bottle to see how it holds up...if it’s anywhere near this one, this will be one we serve to every guest that drinks wine, bring to holiday functions, suggest to everyone who will listen, and may be the death of this blog since we’ll just be drinking this one by the case.

No comments: