Official theme song

Saturday, January 20, 2007

2003 Bruno Sorg Muscat d’Alsace

We tend to avoid Alsatian wines...I like them more than Fran and I find some of them absolutely fascinating, but she can’t stand them. I noticed this at the local shop for $13 and I figured it would be interesting since, even if it’s bone dry, I’ve never had a bone dry Muscat, so why not?

Stone fruit on the nose, peaches, and some mineral as well.

The palate has more stone fruit. It’s not bone dry, but it’s certainly not sweet...hovering right on the edge I’d say. A touch, just a touch of honey and perhaps some green apple and even some strawberry. It certainly has a buttery feel, but I'm not sure if this has seen oak or not.

The finish fades quickly...I get some grapey flavors and that’s about it.

I wouldn’t buy it again, but if you are a fan of Muscat I would say it’s an interesting wine to try because you can clearly taste the varietal yet it’s different than any other one I’ve tried. I suppose the best way to put it is that I like this more for academic reasons than pure enjoyment.

No comments: