Official theme song

Friday, January 05, 2007

2004 Cellar No. 8 Merlot


The other day I was in the wine shop and realized we really haven’t touched much Merlot, I saw this bottle and recall buying a wine from this label before...I’m not sure which varietal, but I do recall enjoying it so I figured I’d give it a shot. I paid $11 for this one.

Black fruit on the nose, plums mainly, with a touch of oak.

I’m getting a bit of blackberry, cherry, chocolate, and tannins that are certainly present with some backbone, but nice and smooth. I also taste a bit of spice...I’m thinking anise and basil specifically. It’s not terribly complex but it’s well balanced and drinks easily with and without food.

The finish is mainly oak, cherry, and chocolate....the chocolate lingers for quite a long time.

At $11, this is a steal. Strongly recommended and one I’d happily serve to guests.

No comments: