Official theme song

Saturday, January 13, 2007

2005 Carmel Road Pinot Noir


Some time ago we bought a few bottles of this wine, I forget the vintage but it was either 2003 or 2004...I just stumbled on the 2005 and based on its past vintages I decided to give it a shot. This one goes for $15.

Alcohol, raspberry, and cola on the nose.

A bit of cola, some cherry, and a lot of harshness on this one...lots of acid, and lots of green....bell pepper, even spinach soaked in cedar.

The finish is lingering but unpleasant...seriously, I’m getting collard greens and asphalt.

I thought it may need some air, but even after three hours this is still not working.

A bad bottle of wine is no big deal, but a bad bottle when I know I’ve enjoyed it before is depressing. This is disappointing to say the least. Perhaps it’s the bottle, perhaps it’s the vintage...all I know is we loved this before and if I didn’t have such strong memories of previous bottles I wouldn’t even consider buying this again. I’ll give it another shot after some time passes.

No comments: