Official theme song

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2005 Rosa Regale Brachetto D’Acqui


We’ve had this one before (I think a previous vintage) and enjoyed it thoroughly. I was browsing a local wine shop and saw this 187 ml bottle for $5 and I figured it would be something fun to try. A full bottle goes for around $18. The varietal on this one is Brachetto...one I didn’t mark off on our “Wine Century” checklist, so we’re getting ever closer....last count is 74.

Cranberry on the nose with some strawberry,

This one is slightly sparkling which gives it a nice texture. Strawberry, raspberry, grapes, and some rosewater on the palate. It’s certainly sweet, but there’s some acidity which help balance it a bit, but don’t get me wrong–this is a dessert wine.

The finish has a fair amount of cranberry and raisins–craisins and floral (rose, for the most part) notes.

No comments: